Friday, 23 July 2021

An introduction to my blog; Autistic Angles

 

Autistic Angles and where to find them

  One night, probably some months ago, I thought of starting a blog giving views and comments from a perspective of an Autistic adult. Many people will ask "Why?" since so many others do the same thing. 

  The fact is, every person will see the same topics in a different light. You will always find people who either agree, or disagree, with what you say, but the way every individual writes something is unique. The thought process behind every written piece ever completed in history, has been unique, more so when the individuals are on the Autistic Spectrum. I hope that this blog, whilst being rather plain in outset, helps get word out of the living perspectives on issues about Autism by an Autistic person. 


 About me:

I wish to keep my personal details as plain as possible, I do not wish to garner any form of attention, or become recognised or overly big at the moment. I'm doing this to get my word out there about how I feel about situations involving us on the Spectrum and to also correct some of the wrongs of people's previous words and judgements on Autism matters. 

 The basic parts you need to know are that I am a 28 year old man living in the United Kingdom. I received a formal diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome circa 1996, when I was around 4 years old. I am one of the very fortunate few, statistically, to hold down a full time job. I can drive a car, I am a homeowner, I don't have a partner or kids. In that regard I'm just a guy who lives with family who works. Of course, I have various interests but I will share them with you when the time is right, or I feel comfortable. However, I bring with me some life experiences and lessons which I will also share and put to use to help others understand what life as an Autistic person is like, especially during my adult life. 


My intended goals:

  1. To help bring a greater understanding of the issues an Autistic adult can face within the developed world.
  2.  To educate others who wish to learn more about the Autistic spectrum and how it effects people, and how it can effect them differently.
  3. To give a counter argument to those who get it wrong. When something questionable gets published, or the state mentions something which could benefit or harm us as a group, I wish to give a good structured argument for and/or against. Those are just two examples, but many more exist out there.
  4. To further spread the good word of the Autistic community, to show we are capable humans who may need help throughout life, at a time where services need massive improvement for the better. 


I feel compelled to do this, and whilst I may not do it every day, or every week, I wish to have an outlet for my views and concerns for the wider world to see as it may help open the eyes of others to a different perspective. There is, after all, only so much you can do by posting views on Facebook or Twitter. 


I wish this blog to be successful and I will do my best to meet these goals. I hope those that read the blog will eventually become supports for the wider cause of Autistic people. 


Thank you for your time, and I hope you return to read future posts. 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment